Jo is a Managing Associate within the Commercial Services division, with experience advising on a variety of matters for clients in the financial services, oil & gas, pharmaceutical and retail sectors in particular. She recently joined the firm as a lateral hire as part of the expansion of the Commercial Services division in Scotland.
Jo has experience across a broad spectrum of commercial matters, ranging from preparing bespoke commercial contracts for day-to-day operations, negotiating high-value IT contracts and advising on non-contentious IP and brand management matters. Jo is also well versed in data protection compliance matters (including compliance with the new General Data Protection Regulation and e-Privacy Regulation).
In addition, Jo has a particular interest in competition law, having assisted with CMA Phase 1 investigations and notifications of merger transactions to the European Commission - as well as providing day-to-day competition law advice in connection with commercial contracts.
- Recent Experience
- Advising a global professional body on the revised terms of their outsourced data centre arrangements with an existing IT supplier
- Key contact for assisting a large workplace savings and protection provider with their BAU commercial contracts and ad hoc data protection compliance matters
- Advising multiple clients on handling subject access requests and other dealings with the UK Information Commissioner's Office
- Advising a university spin-out on the IP aspects of its sale to one of the world's largest technology companies, including negotiating the terms of the IP transfer from the university and settlements of outstanding customer contracts
- Part of the team advising a national bank on its GDPR compliance
- Professional Memberships
- Law Society of Scotland
- Scots Law (LLB Hons), University of Dundee
- Diploma in Professional Legal Practice (PGDip), University of Dundee
- Year qualified: 2014