Liz is a very experienced real estate legal practitioner having worked in the Scottish commercial real estate sector for many years, acting for national and international private and public sector clients in relation to all areas of commercial real estate including offices, retail, hospitals, care homes, schools, rural land, ports and more. She has a particular expertise in:
- acquisitions and sales
- leasing (both landlord and tenant)
- management work
- property aspects of corporate deals (including cross border)
which includes dealing with drafting and negotiating contracts, conveyancing documents, leases and other lease management documentation, and bespoke documents, as well as all aspects of title and property due diligence.
- Part of team acting for the international purchasers of the office and retail investment, Atria 1 and 2, Edinburgh for £105m, and dealing with subsequent leases to Burges Salmon LLP, Turner & Townsend Group, EDF Energy Renewables, Hot Yoga and Tilney Services to achieve full occupancy
- Acting for an international private UK-based healthcare provider in relation to its Scottish property portfolio including the acquisition of sites for development and running of care homes and retirement villages and the acquisition and sale of operating care homes
- Part of the team providing estate management services to Caledonian Maritime Assets Limited in the harbour and ports sector including acquisitions and leases for the development of ferry terminals and piers
- Dealing with property aspects of the corporate acquisition of a seaweed harvesting business in the Western Isles including extensive title due diligence into the extent of foreshore the business has rights to harvest seaweed from.
- Part of the team acting for Aldi in relation to all of its Scottish property portfolio including acquisition of sites for the development of retail stores
- Professional Memberships
- Law Society of Scotland