Jan specialises in regulatory issues, particularly in the public sector and regulated industries. He supports public institutions and private companies in complex procurements and public investments as well as in compliance projects. His expertise also covers general EU law, administrative law, budgetary law, constitutional law, and public sector related IT law.
Jan has advised major players in areas such as public transport, IT, utilities, health care and life science, culture, research and development, and security. His extensive experience covers both strategic and structural consulting as well as the representation of his clients' interests before courts and administrative bodies.
Prior to joining Addleshaw Goddard, Jan has been with several major commercial law firms.
Jan regularly publishes articles on topics of public procurement, state aids, EU Law, and IT for the public sector. Since 2016 he is a lecturer in the Bucerius Law School’s specialist lawyer course on public procurement law.
- Numerous public hospitals and municipality on hospital financing in line with state aid rules.
- Successful defence of public financing before German Courts and the European Commission for a major institutionally funded institution.
- Successful challenge of a substantial public transport award (rail) before the German courts for a major public transport provider.
- Public transport operator on the procurement of an Intermodal Transport Control System.
- Public transport operator on the procurement of a complex IT solution to be developed following an agile approach.
- High security facility on the procurement of a strategically critical IT solution.
- German - native
- English - fluent
- Professional Memberships
- Hamburg Bar Association (admitted 2007)