Catriona is a banking partner and provides specialist banking advice to many of the major banks in the UK and a variety of corporate borrowers.
Based in the Aberdeen office, Catriona maintains a strong practice handling transactions in the on and offshore renewables, offshore supply chain and shipping sectors, together with dealing with more general corporate banking matters for clients.
Her finance experience includes specialist ship finance, conventional and Islamic financing structures and bond issues, and she deals regularly across multiple jurisdictions and time zones.
- Acting for an oil and gas supply chain client putting in place their new working capital and bond facilities with a Norwegian lender.
- Acting as Scots counsel on a part Islamic and part conventional financing arrangement for an offshore vessel owning company based in the Middle East.
- Refinancing a constructed hydro power generating station to a new UK lender and transfer of project company, power purchase agreement and all assets to new corporate borrowing vehicle.
- Acting as Scots counsel on a financing being offered by a Norwegian lender to a Scottish borrowing, financing the construction and pre-delivery instalments of a new fishing trawler built at a European shipyard.
- Advising the borrower on a $40 million RCF and $110m bridging facility for a high yield bond issue being placed by a ship owning company and associated vessel (and other) security.
"Catriona Smith provided us with first class legal advice and showed considerable commercial acumen when supporting BT on renewable energy transactions. Her hard work and diligence were also very notable."
BT, Head of Partnership Development for BT’s Wind of Change Programme
"Catriona's skills as a lawyer, including her great command of the financial and contractual detail, combined with her ability to cut to the important issues, were a huge asset to Point and Sandwick. Her drive and enthusiasm was the key to getting the Beinn Ghrideag project delivered."
Calum MacDonald, Project Manager, Point and Sandwick Power
"Catriona Smith is recommended."
Legal 500 (2015)
- Professional memberships
- Law Society of Scotland
- Diploma in Legal Practice, University of Aberdeen
- LLB, University of Aberdeen
- Year qualified - 2006