Andy is Associate in the Infrastructure, Projects and Energy Team specialising in Transport. Prior to qualifying Andy worked as a paralegal embedded within the IPE team. Since joining Addleshaws Andy has worked on several key deals for the IPE team including the West Coast and West Midlands rail franchise competitions and one of the largest rail infrastructure projects in the UK.
Andy's experience includes advising:
- Department for Transport:
- West Coast Rail Franchise – assisting on the mobilisation of the West Coast Rail Franchise, prior to qualifying into the team Andy also assisted on the initial franchising competition.
- West Midlands Rail Franchise - assisting the wider AG transport team to advise the DfT's on the West Midlands franchise competition which commenced operations on 10 December 2017.
- HS2 –in relation to the DfTs ongoing contractual relationship with High Speed Two (HS2) Limited.
Work highlights include:
- Network Rail – assisting the wider AG transport team in its advice on the implementation of the European Train Control System which is currently the largest rail infrastructure project being undertaken.
- West Midlands Combined Authority on the delivery of a number of new and refurbished train stations working on all projects aspects of the transactions, including construction, real estate, funding and wider public law and commercial issues.
- Advising Merseytravel and the West Midlands Combined Authority in connection with their assessment of bus service delivery options.
- An energy generator in respect of entering into a JV with a private investor in relation to a new Energy from Waste Plant based in the UK.
- The sellers in respect of the sale of two windfarms in North Wales.
- The sellers in respect of the sale of two solar farms.
- Project Vernal - advising BP in relation to its re-entry into the solar market via a $200m investment into Lightsource Renewables Limited.
- During his training contract Andy undertook seats in the Social Housing Finance, Corporate and IPE teams.
- Whilst in AG's Social Housing Finance team Andy worked to assist various lenders in respect of their lending into the social housing sector, this included advice on new facility agreements, restatement agreements and varying existing agreements. During his time in the teamAndy advised on deals in excess of £1.5 billion.
- During his seat in AG's Corporate team Andy work with the team on a number of transactions including M&A, company restructures and incorporation and company governance. Examples of this work includes advising:
- the management team at Masternaut in respect of Michelin's purchase of Masternaut's telematics business.
- Nineteen Group, backed by Phoenix Equity Partners, on its acquisition of Broden Media.
- the shareholder of Huddersfield Town Athletic Football Club on their sale of the club.
- Year Qualified
- 2020 - Addleshaw Goddard LLP
- Lancaster University BEng
- The Open University – LLB
- University of Law - LLM