Sebastian is a Managing Associate in our Real Estate team, based in Dubai. Sebastian has been based in the Middle East since 2018 and prior to joining Addleshaw Goddard he practiced at a leading regional law firm in Dubai.
Sebastian has broad in depth experience in the key areas of real estate, with a particular focus on real estate development (including in respect of large mixed use developments and serviced/branded residential apartments), acquisitions and disposals (including due diligence) and asset management.
Sebastian advises a variety of clients including government owned and private developers, REITs/REIFs, institutional landlords and tenants and high net worth individuals. His experience in the Middle East is not confined to the UAE only and he regularly advises clients across the Middle East, including clients based in Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar and Bahrain.
- Advising Abu Dhabi National Hotels PJSC in relation to its acquisition of 5 landmark hotels from Emaar Properties PJSC.
- Advising Emaar Malls with respect to the preparation and negotiation of a long-term management agreement between Emaar and Time Out Market relating to a high end restaurant food court concept using the "Time Out Market Brand".
- Advising private fund in relation to its acquisition of a landmark 5-star hotel from Emaar Properties PJSC.
- Advising large multinational company in relation to its sale and partial lease back of three floors in Index Tower.
- Advising client with respect to its acquisition of 8 freehold educational assets in Dubai.
- Advising Qatar Industrial Manufacturing Company on the negotiation of the branded residences related documentation with Accor regarding Swissôtel Doha Corniche Park Towers Hotel & Residences.
- Advising prominent KSA developer in relation to its branded residential project in Makkah, KSA.
- Advising large multinational bank in relation to its leasing portfolio in Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman and the UAE.
- Advising investor establishing its operations in Dubai with respect to the lease of 14 buildings in the Jebel Ali Free Zone.
- Advising Arady Developments LLC in respect of its leasing of commercial, retail and residential units in Central Park Towers, Dubai.
- Advising King Abdullah Financial District in relation to various matters pertaining to the Master Community, such as the development of its leasing templates (and subsequent leasing activities) and advice regarding the legal and regulatory framework in KSA (including advice regarding the jointly owned property regime in KSA).
- Advising prominent developer in Dubai in relation to various pertaining to its development activities in Dubai, including the preparation of agency agreements, template sales documentation and jointly owned property documentation.