Vanessa is an extremely experienced real estate practitioner with over 20 years' experience in the sector. She specialises in commercial real estate with an emphasis on investment, asset management and development. She regularly acts for landowners, developers and occupiers.
Vanessa's experience includes:
- Advising Canal & River Trust in connection with its property investment and asset management portfolio and in connection with the disposal of land for third party development and in connection with collaboration agreements with a number of local authorities for the promotion of land for development. Vanessa has led the client team for the last three years.
- Advising ITV plc in connection with the use of sites in Manchester and Salford in connection with the Ordsall Chord link.
- Advising Vue cinemas on various aspects of its Real Estate interests including refinancing, acquisition of Apollo Cinemas and the acquisition of landmark sites at Westfield's London and Stratford shopping centres.
- Advising Arora Group in connection with the acquisition under development agreement and lease of a site at Heathrow terminal 3 for the development of two budget hotels.
- Advising National Grid in connection with the disposal of brownfield sites including options and overage provisions.
- Advising a variety of lenders in connection with the funding and refinancing of a range of real estate projects including residential development schemes, mixed use and retail investment acquisitions.
- Advising in connection with the acquisition, asset management and ultimately the disposal of prime shopping centres in Manchester and Liverpool, including the pre-letting of the Liverpool shopping centre.
- Advising Peel in connection with Estate management aspects of its residential and mixed use development schemes.
- Advising a major sports retailer in connection with the acquisition of new stores.
- Advising in connection with the disposal of a portfolio of garden centres.