Patrick is an Associate in our Manchester Commercial team, having joined the firm in 2021. He advises clients in respect of a broad range of contractual arrangements, acting for both customers and suppliers across a range of sectors, including food, retail and hospitality, sport and energy.
Patrick acts as a direct point of contact for clients and enjoys working closely with in-house legal teams and stakeholders across other departments. He has undertaken various client secondments, gaining invaluable exposure of the day-to-day operations of large businesses. Patrick understands the challenges faced by high-profile organisations and the need to provide practical, jargon-free advice which adds commercial value and facilitates business transactions.
Patrick's experience includes drafting and negotiating contracts for the provision of goods and services, assisting with large outsourcing projects, providing ad hoc advertising and marketing guidance, drafting sponsorship agreements and advising on non-contentious intellectual property matters.
- drafting a high profile sponsorship, marketing and brand ambassador agreement;
- negotiating a hospitality services contract for the host of a world-renowned sporting event;
- providing ad hoc advice to stakeholders within a major British multinational retailer in relation to force majeure provisions and contractual obligations in light of the Covid-19 climate;
- negotiating a number of contracts relating to the supply, installation and maintenance of electric vehicle charging points.
- protecting a client's intellectual property rights in relation to collaboration and research and development arrangements.