Neil specialises in non-contentious construction law and advises both public sector and private sector clients including local authorities, developers, contractors and funders. He has experience in property development including office and retail, housing, energy and infrastructure projects. Neil drafts and negotiates construction and engineering contracts, consultant appointments, collateral warranties and associated security documentation. He has experience across industry contracts including SBCC, JCT and NEC. Neil also provides support to the Real Estate and Banking teams.
- Advising funder in relation to contractor insolvency of prestigious residential development
- Advising hotel group in relation to contractor insolvency of a key development site and a number of other UK developments
- Advising care operator in relation to a number of UK developments
- Advising transport operator in relation to a number of major civil engineering projects throughout Scotland
- Advising telecommunications company in relation to a number of UK office redevelopments