Kirstie specialises in financial services regulatory issues (both contentious and non-contentious), and has a unique insight from a client's perspective having previously held senior legal and regulatory roles with a top 6 UK Bank for 14 years. Kirstie has experience of delivering large-scale remediation projects, advising in relation to compliance with the FCA Handbook and AML regulations, resolving disputes at mediation, complaints at the Financial Ombudsman Service and dealing extensively with the Financial Conduct Authority.
Notable successes and areas of expertise include:
- developed, wrote and ensured the successful implementation of the policy framework required to deliver fair customer outcomes for PPI complaints in line with regulatory requirements
- key liaison with Financial Conduct Authority and Financial Ombudsman Service over 3 years in relation to PPI mis-selling. Contact with the FCA was both bi-lateral and as part of industry working group. Discussions and interaction included responding to Dear CEO letters, Requests for Information and conclusion of S166 actions
- advising a major UK Bank in relation to an action to reduce personal guarantees in the Court of Session, with a successful conclusion at mediation
- instructed by a financial services firm under enforcement by the FCA in relation to alleged AML breaches
- resolved multi-million-pound fraud case, involving design and delivery of a wide-scale and complex redress programme. The programme ran for over two years and involved dealings with the Financial Conduct Authority, the Financial Ombudsman Service and the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, and defending cases raised in the County Courts and High Court
- successfully resolved, through mediation, a number of high profile Interest Rate Hedging Product disputes and court actions
- redraft of Business Banking terms and conditions, reducing length by 75% without compromising legal and regulatory applicability
- advising start-up InsureTech firm in relation to the Perimeter Guidance and regulated activities.