Calum joined the Restructuring team in 2018 following completion of his training contract with Addleshaw Goddard. Calum specialises in transactional restructuring work and advises turnaround investors, banks, insolvency practitioners and companies. Calum also advises on the sale and restructuring of distressed businesses outside of formal insolvency processes.
Calum completed a secondment to Addleshaw Goddard's Muscat office in 2017 as part of his training contract, advising on matters in Oman, the United Arab Emirates and Qatar.
Examples of Calum's experience include:
- Advising a turnaround private equity investor on their purchase of a large golfing retailer from administrators.
- Advising an online clothing retailer on the purchase of two high street clothing brands from administrators.
- Lead associate on several transactions for a UK based turnaround investor including: the purchase of a metal fabricator from its management team; the purchase of a steel fabricator, latex manufacturer and distribution business from administrators; exit sales of a sign manufacturing business to a third party and a linen supply business to a listed PLC buyer; advising on the financing and security structure for our client's transactions; advising on an internal restructure of our client's portfolio; and advising on claims filed against a portfolio company of our client.
- Advising a FTSE250 client on their purchase of an iPhone application from administrators.
- Advising a large retailer on their purchase of two 'bolt on' businesses outside of insolvency proceedings.
- Advising BDO as administrators of a chocolate manufacturer and retailer.
- Advising Grant Thornton as administrators of a food packaging and carbon cathode manufacturer.
- Advising a clearing bank following the insolvency of a law firm borrower.
- Advising a liquidator on the sale of a subsidiary company to a third party.
- Advising an escrow provider on the enforceability of their SaaS contracts upon insolvency.
- Advising several clearing banks and other funders on the validity and enforceability of their security.
- Advising several administrators on the validity of their appointment.
- Professional Memberships
- Committee Member for the Turnaround Management Association (TMA) – NextGen Manchester
- Member of R3 (the trade association for the UK's insolvency and restructuring professionals)