Amy is an experienced criminal and regulatory investigations lawyer who advises corporates, financial institutions and senior individuals across a range of issues including bribery and corruption, money laundering and fraud. Amy has a strong compliance practice and is well placed to assist clients in designing compliance frameworks and robust prevention procedures. Where potential issues do arise, Amy assists clients to investigate and manage them appropriately. She regularly defends companies and senior individuals in complex, and often multijurisdictional, criminal and regulatory investigations, including those brought by the UK Serious Fraud Office (SFO), the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), the UK Insolvency Service and the US Department of Justice (DoJ). Amy has particular expertise in the field of Deferred Prosecution Agreements (DPAs), having advised Rolls-Royce plc and Güralp Systems Limited in connection with investigations that resulted court approved DPAs. Amy previously worked as a commercial litigator, with a particular focus on civil fraud, and is well placed to advise where there is a civil law angle.
Amy's experience includes:
- Acting for the former CEO of Carillion plc in connection investigations and proceedings arising from Carillion's liquidation.
- Acting for UK seismometer manufacturer, Güralp Systems Limited, in connection with an SFO investigation into bribery and corruption in South Korea which was resolved by way of DPA.
- Acting for Rolls-Royce plc in connection with UK, US and Brazilian investigations into allegations of bribery and corruption in various overseas markets across the company's civil aerospace, defence aerospace and former energy divisions, resulting in DPAs with the SFO and DoJ and a leniency agreement with the Brazilian MPF.
- Acting for Standard Chartered Bank plc in relation to an FCA investigation into the adequacy of the bank's financial crime controls in its branches in the United Arab Emirates.
- Working within BP plc's Legal, Regulatory & Compliance team as part of an eight-month secondment which involved advising across BP's business.
- Assisting a client in private prosecution proceedings and related asset tracing to recover misappropriated funds.
- Female Fraud Forum
Highly Commended, Conduct Enforcement or Business Crime Team of the Year, for our work for Güralp Systems Limited
The Lawyer Awards 2020