Sang Joon is an Associate specialising in disputes relating to construction, engineering, oil and gas projects. He has been involved in a number of significant high-value disputes for leading international contractors arising out of a variety of projects around the world. Sang Joon has primarily acted in arbitration, both ad-hoc and under the ICC, LMAA, UNCITRAL, LCIA and HKIAC rules. He also has High Court experience including the Technology & Construction Court. Disputes that Sang Joon has dealt with have involved jurisdictions in West Africa, the USA, the Middle East and South East Asia. Sang Joon is also part of the Korea Business Group having had previous experience of working in South Korea.
Examples of Sang Joon's experience of construction and engineering disputes includes:
- Advising an engineering industry solutions company in an arbitration concerning issues arising from the construction and maintenance of a power plant project in India.
- Assisting a leading drilling contractor in an arbitration brought by a heavy engineering company for wrongful termination of a semi-submersible rig construction contract.
- Advising a major manufacturer of azimuth thrusters in an arbitration brought by a leading shipyard for delay and defects to the thrusters on several semi-submersible rigs and drillships.
- Advising a major fabrication company on a complex technical dispute concerning the fabrication and build of topside modules for platforms in the North Sea.
- Assisting an oil services company with recovering the outstanding payments for the installation, operation and maintenance work on an early production facility in Kurdistan.
- Assisting a leading offshore pipeline installation company in a dispute concerning unresolved change orders, local content, tax claims and final accounting for an installation project offshore West Africa.