Robin is a Legal Director in our financial regulation team. He specialises in advising financial services clients on a range of regulatory and compliance matters, including consumer credit, mortgages and payment services regulation.
Prior to joining the financial regulation team, Robin was Chief Compliance Officer and regulatory counsel at a UK specialist lending bank. In this role he led provision of regulatory legal support across the bank's operating divisions and central functions in relation to all aspects of prudential and conduct regulation affecting the bank's operations, including delivery of a number of key regulatory change projects.
Areas of expertise include:
- the preparation of standard terms and conditions across retail financial services products to meet legal and regulatory requirements
- interpretation and implementation of new legislation, regulations and regulatory guidance
- advice and risk analysis when legal risks or compliance breaches are identified
- advising on the design and development of new products and services
- advising on unfair contract terms issues and compliance with the Consumer Rights Act 2015