Michael specialises in banking and finance law and infrastructure projects acting for funders, private sector sponsors and public authorities. He has worked on many major PPP and infrastructure projects including ones in the education, rail, defence, health, waste and renewables sectors.
Michael advises infrastructure funds on funding structures, refinancings, acquisitions, disposals and asset management transactions. He has advised on numerous variations, settlements and disputes on Projects.
Recent experience includes advising:
- a major PPP investment fund on the fallout from the Carillion insolvency
- a Project Company providing extra care services on replacing its sub-contractor supplying those care services
- a major PPP investment fund on the replacement of the swap provider on numerous loans in its portfolio
- a major PPP investment fund on the restructuring of a large acute hospital PPP Project
- a Project Company on the removal of provision of all services from its health Project
- a UK fund as sponsor and investor in on-shore wind farms that were project financed