Malcolm is an employment Partner and Head of the firm's Manchester office.
As lead Partner for a number of the firm's key employment clients in both the public and private sector, his particular focus is on providing key and strategic employment advice on complex, reputationally significant, sensitive, high impact matters, as well as providing day to day supervision, management oversight and quality assurance on more routine matters. His particular focus is on executive terminations/boardroom disputes, business reorganisations/transfer of undertakings industrial relations/trade union issues and all forms of employment litigation. Malcolm is a member of the Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service panel of independent arbitrators and is also involved in the sports industry, chairing the Rugby Football League's contract disputes panel.
Malcolm is a regular speaker at client seminars and on training courses, and is the advisory editor of, and contributor to, the Employment title in Butterworth's Encyclopaedia of Forms and Precedents, and a contributor to Jordans Employment Law.
"Malcolm Pike is a pre-eminent employment lawyer and leads the firm's relationships with many critical clients...he has an excellent work ethic, a strong client focus, and he's commercial." Chambers UK Guide (2015)
"Malcolm Pike is outstanding." The Legal 500 (2015)
- Professional memberships
- The Law Society of England and Wales
- Employment Lawyers Association
- European Employment Lawyers Association
- International Bar Association
- Chair of Governors of Withington Girls' School, Manchester
- Member of the North West Business Leadership Team
- Director of the Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce
- Employment History
- Partner Addleshaw Sons & Latham, Addleshaw Booth & Co and now Addleshaw Goddard (1992 to date)
- Manager / Associate, Freshfields (1984 to 1992)
- Articled Clerk Hepworth & Chadwick (1982 to 1984)
- Year qualified: 1984
- The College of Law (now The University of Law), Chester - Law Society Finals (Honours) (1982)
- University of Leicester – LLB (1981)