Kim acts for clients in the logistics, transport and aviation, oil and gas, private equity and regulatory sectors. She specialises in advising on restructuring and reorganisations, Mergers & Acquisitions work, TUPE transfers (acting for Transferors and Transferees), Occupational Health law, troubleshooting relationship issues and resolving disputes either via employment tribunal cases or helping clients find alternative ways of resolving issues through mediation.
Kim provides specialist support and employment law training for all levels of management and is a highly regarded speaker on employment law.
She is committed to delivering her clients’ commercial objectives within an employment law framework.
- Leading the team acting in the largest equal pay employment tribunal litigation in Scotland involving approximately 8,500 claimants. In an 18 month period, settled £20 million of claims and concluded 2,000 settlement agreements
- Acting for a Scottish water supplier in their £100 million acquisition of an English supplier's non-household retail book. This deal was complicated by the fact it is a service provision change under TUPE, to be followed by the transfer of an undertaking once the English and Welsh non-domestic water market opens up to competition
- Acting for a US private equity fund in a £30 million acquisition of a pubs and hotels chain. Provided strategic advice in terms of the acquisition and concurrently entering into management agreements with a company who would run the portfolio of pubs and hotels at the point of acquisition
- Acted for two service providers to the legal market in a £3 million sale of the businesses
- Guest speaker at APSCo event (The Association of Professional Staffing Companies) on taxation changes of independent contractors relating to travel costs
- Guest speaker at ICAS event on the "Rogue Employee" – how clients should seek to protect their businesses from the rogue employee.