Steve is a Legal Director in our non-contentious construction team. He is a construction and engineering specialist with expertise in procurement strategies, contract structure and in the drafting, negotiation and approval of construction and engineering contracts for large-scale schemes, student accommodation, warehouse/manufacturing and office developments, refurbishments, process and engineering plant development and installation, defence projects and energy projects.
He advises on standard form contracts (such as JCT, NEC3, MF/1, IChemE and FIDIC) consultant appointments, maintenance and service contracts and ancillary agreements, including direct agreements, collateral warranties and forms of security.
Steve's previous commercial and engineering experience, in the defence, process and automotive industries in particular, is of great benefit in understanding clients' needs and achieving the best solution to a particular project.
Recently, Steve has been involved in several notable projects including:
- Advising on the development of a UK defence first line aircraft training and maintenance facility
- Advising on the long term restoration project for the Palace of Westminster and the Northern Parliamentary Estate
- Student accommodation at the University of Reading and the Royal College of Music
- The 575-acre Omega Warrington North and South developments
- The wide scale refurbishment and redevelopment of the University of Manchester Business School, including academic, hotel and retail development
- Energy from waste projects
- Solar energy projects
- Head office tower lifts refurbishment
- Head office refurbishment for a leading brand
- NHS hospital new build
- A new sports stadium
- The installation of hanging garment systems in national distribution centres.
- The Law Society
- Engineering Council, as a Chartered Engineer
- The Institution of Engineering and Technology
- Law Society qualification date: 2006
- Staffordshire University - LPC
- Manchester Metropolitan University - PgD Law
- University of Manchester - Masters in Business Management, Distinction
- University of Liverpool - BEng (Hons)