Rachel advises on all aspects of investment, development and real estate finance transactions, with particular expertise in the senior living and extra care and build to rent/private rented sectors. Rachel leads the Senior Living Group at Addleshaw Goddard.
Rachel's recent experience includes:
- advising a large institutional investor on their entry into the senior living market by way of a joint venture with a leading retirement living operator, including advising on all aspects of the development, investment, operation and unit disposal process
- advising Michael Howard Homes Limited on their site acquisitions for a number of retirement living and residential development opportunities in the south east
- advising a large UK based residential developer on the development of two mixed use sites in the centre of Birmingham
- advising the funder on the acquisition and development financing of an 86 unit retirement living development
- advising the lender on the development financing of two build to rent/build to sell developments in Manchester
- advising a private hospital developer on the acquisition, funding and subsequent development of two private hospitals and subsequent ancillary arrangements with a dementia care operator.
- Getting Connected: Technology moves fast – are your documents ready for it? Estates Gazette, May 2014;
- Did the economy kill the green lease? Legal Week, July 2012;
- Pioneering spirit wanted. Estates Gazette, December 2011;
- Nothing going on but the rent. Estates Gazette, 2009.
- Year Qualified
- 1999 University of Sheffield (Geography (BSc (Hons))
- 2000 Nottingham Law School (GDL)
- 2001 Nottingham Law School (LPC)
- 2013 University of Cambridge: Institute of Continuing Education (IPF Introduction to Property Investment)
- Professional Memberships
- Law Society of England & Wales
- Women in Property Healthcare
- Associate Member BPF Policy Committee
"Ranked In Legal 500 2018 & 2019 For Real Estate Investment, Development And Infrastructure, And As A 'Next Generation Partner' For Real Estate Investment In 2019"