Mike trained at AG and qualified as an associate in the London corporate department in September 2017. He has experience advising on a wide range of matters principally in the financial services, retail, infrastructure and energy sectors, including domestic and cross-border private M&A, private equity, joint ventures, corporate finance, shareholder arrangements, restructurings and corporate governance. He has also completed extended secondments with BP's legal M&A team and RBS' corporate, commercial and coverage legal team.
His experience to date has included advising:
- BP on the disposal of its interest in SECCO to Sinopec and its Saltend Chemical Park petrochemicals business to px group.
- KPMG's pension partners on a management buyout of KPMG's pensions advisory business backed by private equity firm Exponent.
- Piper and the Be At One management team on the sale of Be At One to pub group Stonegate.
- Deloitte LLP as the Joint Administrators of Supercuts / Regis UK Ltd in respect of the sale of the assets of 140 of the 200+ sites across the UK.
- Bidders on the acquisition of offshore transmission operators for the Rampion and Beatrice offshore wind farms
- Samworth Brothers on its acquisition of a sandwich production business from 2Sisters Food Group.
- Various challenger, high street banks and other financial institutions on private M&A mandates and personal, mortgage and hire purchase loan portfolio transactions.