Lee is a Managing Associate and Solicitor-Advocate in our Dispute Resolution team in Leeds, specialising in civil fraud, commercial litigation, finance disputes, and professional negligence.
Originally called to the Bar in 2003, Lee is an experienced litigator who is regularly instructed to act on behalf of the major financial institutions, SME's and FSTE companies.
Lee undertakes a wide range of advocacy work. Recent instructions include attending case and cost management conferences, pre-trial reviews, attendance at trial, applications for summary judgment together with a range of interim applications for court orders including pre-action and specific disclosure, drafting particulars of claim, defences and counterclaims.
Notable cases include: National Westminster Bank Plc v Alfano  EWHC 1020 (QB), Alfano & Ors v National Westminster Bank Plc  EWCA Civ 1703 (20 December 2013), Anne Hubbard v Bank of Scotland Plc  EWCA Civ 648, Mortgage Express Limited v (1) Awas Khan (2) Muhammed Yasein Yousaf  EWHC 53 (Ch).
Examples of recent cases include:
- Acting on a complex breach of confidence claim for a large logistics business.
- Prosecuting claims against a firm of solicitors for large scale mortgage fraud.
- Defending a major bank from allegations of conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.
- Defending claims against a national surveying business for defective surveys.
- Defending a high value claim against a major Bank for mis-selling and negligence in relation to foreign currency loans.
- Recovery of high value yachts in foreign jurisdictions, and boats in England and Wales.
- Prosecuting high value claims against a reputable firm of commercial surveyors in relation to negligent commercial property valuations.
- Lee deals with cases in the County Court, High Court, and Court of Appeal and has a successful track record of resolving high value, complex claims through mediation.
- Professional memberships
- Professional Negligence Lawyers Associations
"Lee's advice is always straightforward, with little 'lawyer jargon' yet it is clear his technical knowledge is first class. He is robust, yet appreciates the commercial realms within which his clients operate which makes a refreshing change!"