Ben is a solicitor advocate and associate solicitor in our litigation team and specialises in banking and finance litigation. Ben acts for Banks, Building Societies and Asset Finance/Invoice Finance lenders in relation to all aspects of litigation, including secured and un-secured debt recovery particularly in relation to commercial banking finance. Ben has experience of both bringing claims for financial services clients and defending claims against those clients.
Ben has recent experience in:
- complex recovery actions (including un-due influence, economic duress, misrepresentation)
- allegations of misrepresentation and mis-selling of various financial products
- fraud claims, including claims relating to identity fraud and push payment fraud
- return of goods and conversion claims
- injunctions to compel return of assets
- committal proceedings
- claims for and against lenders in relation to the Consumer Credit Act and consumer credit legislation
- repossession claims (commercial property and residential)
- claims relating to the appointment of LPA Receivers
Ben is also a solicitor advocate and appears regularly as advocate in court hearings including application hearings, case management conferences and trials. Ben was previously on secondment at a large UK bank and therefore has an appreciation of the ever changing regulatory pressures which financial institutions must now operate in.