Ben is an associate in our litigation team and specialises in banking and finance litigation. Ben acts for Banks, Building Societies and Asset Finance/Invoice Finance lenders in relation to all aspects of litigation, including secured and un-secured debt recovery particularly in relation to commercial banking finance. Ben has experience of both bringing claims for financial services clients and defending claims against those clients.
Ben has recent experience in:
- Complex recovery actions (including un-due influence, economic duress, misrepresentation);
- Allegations of misrepresentation and mis-selling of various financial products;
- Return of goods and conversion claims;
- Committal proceedings;
- Claims for and against lenders in relation to the Consumer Credit Act;
- Repossession claims (commercial property and residential); and
- Claims relating to the appointment of LPA Receivers
Ben was previously on secondment at a large UK bank and therefore has an appreciation of the ever changing regulatory pressures which financial institutions must now operate in.
- Year qualified: 2014
- BPP Law School, Leeds – LPC (2010)
- University of Bradford – LLB (Law) Hons (2009)