Jonny has a range of experience across Health & Safety, Environmental and Corporate Crime matters, including transactional, contentious, and investigation work.
Jonny's recent experience includes:
- Regularly acting on inquests and inquiries, including the Covid Inquiry, the Infected Blood Inquiry, and representing a facilities management company for a Coroner's Inquiry regarding the deaths of multiple patients at a hospital.
- Assisting in the defence of regulatory prosecutions, including by the ORR of a household name in relation to the death of an individual at the client's site.
- Undertaking H&S and Environmental due diligence for large corporates, covering basic H&S requirements as well as complex issues concerning ESG (particularly human slavery), fire safety, compliance with Covid and asbestos regulations, and environmental permitting.
- Advising on aspects of fire and building safety, including the implications of the Building Safety Act.
- Advising a foreign government on how to protect the name of food and drink products with a geographical connection or that are made using traditional methods.
- Acting on a large scale HMRC investigation into a UK plc arising from conduct connected to the client's overseas operations.
- Responsibility for maintaining internal knowledge, including in relation to the law and guidance for home and hybrid working and the Building Safety Act.