Jamie is a versatile restructuring lawyer who advises funds, financial institutions, corporates and insolvency practitioners across a wide range of sectors. He has particular experience in dealing with transactions in the healthcare and leisure markets and advising asset based lenders.
Jamie has spent time on secondment including to RBS and recently to LBG where he assisted with restructuring strategies for corporate and global corporate borrowers.
- Advising a UK based fund on the purchase of a distressed debt portfolio from a building society.
- Acted for a Scottish bank in relation to one of its largest exposures and subsequently the administrators on the sale of a group of care homes.
- Led the team acting for RBS on the sale of two property investment portfolios involving the unwinding of a complex joint venture structure.
- Acted for the Administrators in the sale of a fuel distributor based in Aberdeen involving advice on environmental regulations and risks.
- Acting for a major US fund on the work out of their UK loan portfolios.
- Year qualified: 2008
- University of Edinburgh – LLB (Hons)
- University of Edinburgh – Diploma in Legal Practice