Anna's practice focuses on upstream, midstream, and downstream oil and gas development projects, acquisitions and divestitures with projects ranging from shale and other unconventional resources, to offshore developments, pipeline and processing projects, and liquefied natural gas (LNG), to petrochemicals and refining, including arrangements with host governments and National Oil Companies (such as host government agreements, production sharing contracts, concession agreements and licensing including country entry in emerging markets); and traditional exploration and production matters such as cost recovery, offtake and marketing arrangements, joint operating agreements and farm-ins / farm-outs.
Anna's experience includes advising on the following deals:
Note: This list includes engagements completed prior to joining Addleshaw Goddard
- A European IOC on a potential acquisition of a portfolio of producing assets offshore Norway.
- Operator on offtake and marketing arrangements of crude and gas condensate with the Government of Kazakhstan.
- BG Group on all aspects of upstream, midstream and downstream development in connection with gas fields offshore Tanzania and proposed construction of LNG facilities.
- An IOC on operational aspects in connection with a producing block in Kurdistan Region of Iraq and related issues arising vis-à-vis the Government and partners under the PSC, JOA and FDP.
- BG Group on a disposal of its UK onshore shale gas interests.
- OMV on US$2.65bn acquisition of UKCS and Norwegian CS petroleum interests from Statoil.
- OMV on €247.9 million acquisition of a 20% stake in the Edvard Grieg oil field development from RWE Dea.
- An IOC on a farm-in into five Blocks offshore Faroe Islands.
- BG Group on supply and sale of gas from the Leviathan field to ELNG and related pipeline construction.
- BG Group on joint venture, farm-out and JOA negotiations in connection with interests offshore Brazil.
- Russian oil & gas company on farm-in and JOA negotiations across three block in Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
- A US oil field services provider on a disposal of its business in Russia.
- An IOC on proposed country entry and farm-in arrangements in connection with exploration assets in Mongolia.
- An IOC in respect of the proposed divestment of its gas producing interests in Egypt.
- An IOC on untitisation between two gas fields in Pakistan.
- An IOC on its country entry, production sharing contract negotiations and farm-in into exploration assets in the Republic of Equatorial Guinea.
- An IOC on the divestment of its gas exploration and production business in Turkey.
- An IOC on a number of aspects of an upstream development project in Angola.
- An IOC on the potential acquisition of interests in the ACG field in Azerbaijan and corresponding interests in the BTC Pipeline.
- NC KazmunaiGas on the acquisition of producing upstream assets and downstream asset located in Kazakhstan.
- An IOC in renegotiation of an existing production sharing contract and gas marketing arrangements with the Government of Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
- An IOC on withdrawal and assignment of its interests in two blocks in Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
- Unconventional gas – developments in the UK, Euromoney June 2015.
- Contributing author of "Invest in Kazakhstan 2015 Guide" produced on behalf of the Government of Kazakhstan, April 2015.
- US and EU sanctions impacting Russian energy market, Lawyer Monthly, September 2014.
- Can fracking revolutionise the UK Energy Market?, Lawyer Monthly June 2014.
- Europe Mulls Options for Ensuring Energy Security and Diversification, EurOil, May 2014
- Brexit risk to Irish gas supply, EurOil, September 2017
- Professional memberships
- Law Society of England & Wales
- Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN)
- Brunel University, Law LLB (Hons.)