As a member of our Finance and Projects Group, Tom specialises in non-contentious transactional finance work. He has a particular focus on social and affordable housing finance and real estate finance and has been recognised by the Legal 500 as a "Rising Star" for Social Housing Finance.
Recent transactions he has led include advising:
- seven lenders on a circa £540m restructuring of the GreenSquare Group which included splitting up an existing syndicated loan and putting in place a mix of secured and unsecured facilities and a loan linked to environmental, social and governance (ESG) metrics;
- M&G Investment Management on £114m of long term funding provided to Dumfries and Galloway Housing Partnership, part of the Wheatley Group. This was M&G's biggest investment in the Scottish social housing sector;
- on several separate deals specifically involving loans linked to environmental, social and governance (ESG) metrics including through utilising targets for borrowers to increase access to benefits for their residents, improve energy efficiency at properties and assist customers with maxising their income;
- all eight lenders on the circa £1.575bn refinancing of Metropolitan Housing Trust, which was established on the transfer of engagements of Thames Valley Charitable Housing Association Limited to Metropolitan Housing Trust Limited;
- all nine lenders on the circa £1.75bn refinancing of Peabody Trust, which was established on the merger of the Family Mosaic Housing, Peabody Trust 2018 and Gallions Housing Association Limited creating a new organisation with over £6bn of assets; and
- each of Abbey National Treasury Services Limited, Dexia Crédit Local and Lloyds Banking Group in relation to the re-organisation of Devon and Cornwall Housing and its merger with West Devon Homes to create the largest housing organisation in the South-West.