Thomas is a Managing Associate in the Financial Regulation team at Addleshaw Goddard with extensive experience advising on the legal and regulatory aspects of consumer banking and lending.
Thomas' practice covers savings and current accounts; payment services; digital financial services; credit cards and personal loans; mortgages; e-money; and bespoke financial solutions for consumers and small businesses. Over the last twenty years, he has worked with high street banks and building societies, private and specialist banks, challengers and fintech companies. Prior to joining Addleshaw Goddard, Thomas spent seven years as Senior Legal and Regulatory Counsel for a large international private bank, where he gained invaluable practical knowledge of systems, operations and risk processes.
Areas of expertise include:
- interpretation and implementation of new legislation, regulations and regulatory guidance
- advising overseas financial services companies on the EEA/UK regulatory framework, which activities fall within regulation, and what the consequences of regulation are
- advising on the design and development of new financial products and services, covering branch and digital delivery methods
- preparing and updating documentation to meet legal and regulatory requirements
- troubleshooting advice and risk analysis when legal risks or compliance breaches are discovered
- data protection aspects of financial services