Suzanne has specialised in non-contentious construction law since qualification. Suzanne advises a range of clients including developers, contractors, project companies and funders in connection with real estate development (including hotels and leisure, education, retail and student housing) and construction and infrastructure projects, including the construction aspects of new and extended project-financed projects (PFI, NPD and Hub).
Suzanne also acquired recent experience in the energy sector having returned from a fourteen month secondment to SSE where she principally acted as an in-house legal adviser on the Beatrice Offshore Windfarm project during its construction phase assisting with assessment and negotiation of contract claims and various aspects of project re-financing.
Suzanne's experience includes:
- Assisting a joint venture offshore windfarm developer in the preparation of a turbine supply agreement and transmission contract to form part of tender documentation to be released to potential contractors
- Part of the team advising BAM Construction on the design & build sub-contracts and ancillary documents for Barrhead High School and Our Lady & St Patrick High School DBFM Project and Blairdardie & Carntyne Primary Schools DBFM Project (procured under the West Scotland Hub framework)
- Acting for Red Rock Power in construction due diligence for the acquisition of an operational onshore windfarm in Scotland, including balance of plant and engineering contract reviews and reporting on risk profile
- Acting for a client in connection with a maintenance agreement for a linkspan at Mallaig Harbour
- Advising a lender in connection with construction and railway related issues in respect of the funding of a new Motel One hotel on Oswald Street, Glasgow
- Advising a design & build sub-contractor on sub-contract issues in relation to two projects for (i) a new Secondary School and (ii) new industrial units (both projects procured under the West Scotland Hub framework)
- Advising a purchaser in relation to the construction documents for a large-scale due diligence exercise in connection with a student accommodation development in Sheffield
- Reviewing construction and facilities management sub-contracts for the Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Edinburgh NPD Project and Forfar Community Campus DBFM Project (procured under the East Central Scotland Hub framework)
- Advising the developer on construction and related issues affecting the development of new office and retail space at 110 Queen Street, Glasgow.