Rosalind is a Partner in the banking team, specialising in derivatives hedging, treasury and related financing transactions and documentation.
After working for two years as a corporate and commercial solicitor, she moved to Lehman Brothers (1998), where she worked initially as a desk lawyer on the fixed income trading floor, advising front office staff on the structuring and documenting of credit and emerging market derivative and note transactions. She later worked in the transaction management group, where she was the manager of a large team of derivatives and financing negotiators in London and Paris, advising on the drafting of structured derivative confirmations.
After a brief spell working as an in-house lawyer for a charity (2008-2010), she returned to Lehman Brothers to assist with the unwinding of trading positions with the insolvent estate. This involved complex negotiations with creditors and debtors and in some instances resolution through litigation. She therefore has unique experience of derivative and financing issues in both a live and post termination environment.
Rosalind's experience includes:
- Familiarity with a wide range of trading documents, in particular those of the International Swaps and Derivatives Association and the French Banking Federation, as well as the International Prime Brokerage Agreement, the Global Master Repurchase Agreement, the Overseas Securities Lending Agreement, and the German Rahmenvertrag
- The negotiation of master documentation with a wide variety of legal entities, including financial institutions, hedge funds, funds and corporates
- The unwinding of derivative and financing positions, which has provided a unique insight into various ambiguities and deficiencies in the standard trading documentation
- Acting as the senior legal lead on a number of derivative/financing litigation cases, including cases brought in England, New York, France, Germany and Greece
- Close-out netting projects for financial institutions
- Hedging work for finance transactions for lenders and borrowers (including Islamic finance hedging)
- Regulatory compliance and documentation relating to derivatives with particular focus on European Market Infrastructure Regulation
- Providing corporate support for acquisitions and disposals of businesses that engage in derivatives activity
- Year qualified: 1996
- De Montfort University - Law Society Finals (First Class Honours) (1993)
- University of Leicester - LLB (First Class Honours) (1992)