Rory is one of the world's foremost aviation law specialists, having been listed in every edition of the Euromoney Guide to the World's Leading Aviation Lawyers since 1998.
Since qualifying as a solicitor in 1981, he has advised airlines, manufacturers, leasing companies and banks on a range of aviation matters.
Rory is widely accredited for his aircraft expertise, with listings:
- As a leading lawyer in the asset finance and aviation sections of the Chambers Guide to the legal profession
- In The Legal 500 since 2001
- In the Recommended High Flyers section of Aviation Counsel, a 2001 report prepared by the International Air Transport Association and the American Lawyer Media
- In every issue of the international Who's Who Legal list of aviation lawyers since 2005
- In every issue of the Legal Experts directory since 2005
He has also had various articles published on aviation law and is a contributing author to the Handbook of Airline Finance (McGraw-Hill).
Rory is qualified both as a solicitor and as a pilot. He became a partner at Constant & Constant in 1988 before joining Theodore Goddard (now Addleshaw Goddard) in 1992.
Outside work, Rory holds UK and US pilot licences, with a particular interest in aerobatics, and is a shareholder in Everton Football Club.
"Truly comprehensive knowledge of the aviation industry" Chambers UK (2011)
"He is a legend in the aviation industry, his technical and legal knowledge is truly encyclopaedic and he has extensive experience." Chambers UK (2009)
- Professional memberships
- The International Bar Association
- Diploma in Air and Space Law