Richard has a broad range of experience acting for a variety of institutions and individuals subject to regulatory enforcement and criminal investigations across the financial services sector. Richard has acted for banks, asset managers, hedge funds, insurers and broking houses, as well as entities in other regulated sectors. Cases often include allegations of involvement in insider dealing, market manipulation, money laundering, conflicts of interest, fraud, breaches of confidentiality, bribery and corruption.
Examples of Richard's work include:
- Advising a client in relation to the widespread allegations of money laundering in the Baltic and Scandinavian Regions
- Advising a senior Tesco executive following allegations of manipulation of company accounts to make a misleading profit statement
- Acting in relation to the FCA's first case using its concurrent investigatory powers for breaches of UK and EU competition law
- Advising in relation to allegations of systematic control failings and failing to treat customers fairly in relation to a UK bank's retail credit activities
- Advising clients in the course of defending allegations of market abuse in the SSA bond market and the European Distressed Debt market.