Rebecca has over 10 years of experience advising on a broad range of commercial agreements, with a particular emphasis on advertising, media, IP acquisition, licensing and exploitation and sponsorship.
Rebecca leads the firm's advertising and marketing sector team. Rebecca has significant experience in the retail, consumer, FMCG and media sectors, covering agency agreements for media buying and creative services for large FTSE clients, contracts with talent and brand ambassador agreements, comparative advertising, as well as advertising and marketing claims substantiation and copy clearance.
Rebecca has spent time on secondment to the in-house legal teams at several major PLC companies, including ITV Broadcasting and British Gas.
Rebecca's recent experience includes advising:
- The leading global fast food service retailer on high profile celebrity endorsements, brand ambassador agreements, loyalty schemes, television advertising campaigns and charity linked promotions.
- The lifestyle business of a global tyre manufacturer on the worldwide licensing of its brand and associated rubber technology, including technical collaborations, authenticity agreements for creation of heritage products and use of its intellectual property in console games.
- A publishing house on the licence of various intellectual property rights to Merlin Entertainments for use in a new attraction centre at Alton Towers Resort.
- A leading off-price apparel and home fashions retailer on its global media buying and creative services agreement.
- A NHS foundation trust on its collaboration with a university for the development and commercialisation of ground-breaking intellectual property and associated clinical trials.