Paul specialises in energy and climate change law, planning and environmental matters relating to the renewable energy projects; electricity contracts including power purchase agreements and grid connections; electricity and carbon regulation; and Scottish public procurement.
Paul's clients include onshore and offshore wind developers, banks, utilities, landowners, public sector bodies, private companies and investors.
- Advising multi-national car manufacturer on power purchase agreements from innovative energy-from–waste energy centre
- Advising a large UK infrastructure developer on engaging with independent distribution network operators for project specific distribution network development.
- Advising UK wind farm development companies, community groups and landowners on the consenting process for portfolios of onshore wind sites in Scotland.
- Advising on eligibility for UK renewable energy subsidies for electricity generating projects involving solar PV, wind, biomass and hydro schemes.
- Advising on climate change law, EU ETS, waste regulations and Scottish public procurement regulations.
"Paul Minto is very well known in the industry and continues to advise on a host of regulatory, planning and environmental matters in relation to renewable energy developments. He recently advised Earthmill on a range of real estate issues relating to its wind turbine development programme. He is praised for his "sensible and judicious" approach to complex matters."
Chambers UK (2017)
"Paul Minto has a broad-based energy practice, which also extends to environment and climate change issues. One source notes: 'He has a strong understanding of the sector and ensures overall service is attuned to our business needs'."
- Professional memberships
- Law Society of Scotland
- LLB Law, University of Glasgow (1996)
- Diploma in Legal Practice, University of Glasgow (1997)
- BSc Agricultural Chemistry, University of Glasgow (1987)
- Post Graduate Diploma Marketing, University of Strathclyde (1988)
- Year qualified: 1999