Ola advises lenders, corporate borrowers, IPs, directors and other key stakeholders in relation to consensual workouts, formal insolvency proceedings and enforcement scenarios. Representative experience includes:
- Advising a fund manager on the refinance of a £280m facility comprising senior and mezzanine tranches provided to a premium office space provider in London.
- Advising HSBC on the refinance of a €30m facility provided to a Belgian luxury goods manufacturer, together with the subordination of certain shareholder and intercompany loans.
- Advising the prospective administrators of a café chain based in England and Ireland on its company voluntary arrangement and various contingency options.
- Advising CVR Global as liquidators of a BVI and Maltese hotel resort group in respect of indemnities provided for potentially mis-sold credits.
- Providing contingency planning advice to the Bank of London and the Middle East following a cross-default triggered under its Sharia-compliant facility by a related party.
- Providing enforcement and contingency planning advice to various financial institutions and private equity sponsors including Lloyds, NatWest, OakNorth, the Bank of Nova Scotia and ECI Partners.
- Advising KPMG on its replacement of incumbent liquidators of an automotive company in order to investigate potentially fraudulent transactions made by its directors.
- Advising the liquidators of a Stemcor legacy entity on a super senior term loan facility.
- Advising administrators on a series or pre-pack and post-appointment sales in the aviation sector.
- Advising Centerbridge Partners on its new money investment as part of the $14bn restructuring of Seadrill Limited.*
- Advising Centerbridge Partners on its new money investment in the iHeart Media group following its emergence from chapter 11.*
- Advised a media and telecommunications conglomerate based in sub-Saharan Africa on its out-of-court restructuring of approximately $600m of liabilities.*
- Advising a consortium of US landlords in respect of Arcadia's company voluntary arrangement.*
- Providing directors' duties advice to directors of various distress corporates in the retail, leisure and technology sectors, particularly in relation to antecedent transactions.*
Ola also co-chairs AG Fusion in London, Addleshaw Goddard's ethnicity network.
* Denotes experience prior to joining Addleshaw Goddard
- Professional Memberships
- Law Society of England and Wales
- The Association of Business Recovery Professionals (R3)