Ola advises lenders, corporate borrowers, IPs, directors and other key stakeholders in relation to consensual workouts, formal insolvency processes and enforcement scenarios. Representative experience includes:
- Advising a private investment firm on its new money investments in connection with a chapter 11 process and a consensual restructuring in the media and oil & gas sectors respectively.
- Advising the liquidators of a Stemcor legacy entity on a super senior term loan facility.
- Providing English law enforcement advice to a lending syndicate following a default, by a prominent mining conglomerate, on a $275m credit facility.
- Advised a media and telecommunications conglomerate based in sub-Saharan Africa on its out-of-court restructuring of approximately $600m of liabilities.
- Advising a consortium of US landlords in respect of a high-profile retail company voluntary arrangement.
- Providing directors' duties advice to directors of various distress corporates in the retail, leisure and technology sectors, particularly in relation to antecedent transactions.
Ola also co-chairs AG Fusion in London, Addleshaw Goddards's BAME network.
- Professional Memberships
- Law Society of England and Wales
- The Association of Business Recovery Professionals (R3)