Nicola is a Managing Associate in Addleshaw Goddard's Glasgow office and is mainly involved with the property aspects of energy transactions in Scotland as well as assisting the wider Real Estate team where required.
Her clients include developers and landowners in relation to onshore wind, battery storage, hydro, solar and hydrogen projects. Nicola has also worked extensively in the past for project funders in a variety of renewables projects and has also been involved in due diligence exercises for offshore wind farms.
Through her work with the wider Real Estate team, Nicola implements site set ups for residential development clients and has dealt with commercial utility providers, leisure operators and insolvency practitioners throughout her career. Nicola's work in energy projects has also led to her developing a keen interest in the Transport sector and she is a member of both this and the wider Energy sector within Addleshaw Goddard.
- Responsibility for overseeing property due diligence process for partnership between battery storage client and funder for the development, construction and operation of a 4GW portfolio of energy storage assets.
- Undertaking extensive due diligence review of property documentation for investor in co-operative owned wind farm and preparing "red flag" report.
- Project managing property aspects of onshore wind projects to financial close including negotiating option agreements, leases, section 19a scheme for development applications, servitudes, direct agreements, securities and sub-leases.
- Preparing and negotiating option agreements and, leases for estate landowners, including exclusivity agreements, servitudes, wayleaves, securities and noise agreements.
- Carrying out title reviews and providing advice in relation to all real estate matters including tenancy, access, crofting, agricultural and forestry issues.
- Preparing pro form template project documentation for variety of energy transactions including solar developments.
- Providing Scots law property specific advice relative to acquisition of company with substantial offshore wind farm assets.