Nicola recently joined Nick Taylor's team in Glasgow and will be mainly involved with the property aspects of energy deals in Scotland as well as assisting the wider Real Estate team where required.
Nicola previously worked at First Title Insurance plc for 5 years prior to joining Addleshaw Goddard. Her role involved underwriting property title risks for jurisdictions including Scotland, Northern Ireland, England and Wales and preparing title indemnity policies for a range of risks relating to residential development sites, student accommodation developments and renewables projects.
Prior to this, Nicola worked at Brodies LLP for over 7 years where she was primarily involved in the property elements of renewables transactions. Nicola also has experience of insolvency related matters and general real estate transactions including sale, purchase and leasing transactions throughout Scotland.
Nicola's experience to date includes the following:-
- Acting for funders of onshore wind and hydro scheme projects. Project managing all property aspects of projects to financial close including negotiating option agreements, leases, section 19a scheme for development applications, servitudes, direct agreements, securities and sub-leases.
- Preparing and negotiating option agreements, leases and sub-leases for wide range of developers and landowners, including exclusivity agreements, servitudes, wayleaves, securities and noise agreements. Carrying out title reviews and providing advice in relation to all real estate matters including tenancy, access, crofting, agricultural and forestry issues.
- Project managing sales and purchases of due diligence exercises for operational onshore wind farm portfolios including preparation/review of certificates of title, leases and access rights required for development and dealing with data room enquiries from purchasers. Reviewing property elements of associated share purchase agreements, Q&A lists and preparing reports for clients commenting on development risks.
- Involvement in offshore projects including providing Scots law property specific advice relative to acquisition of company with substantial offshore wind farm assets, property input for share purchase agreements and property contract and assisting in relation to real estate issues in connection with the first tidal wave power development financing project in the UK.
- Acting for administrators, receivers and liquidators in relation to disposal of various properties and advising on complex title matters.