Nazmul is an Associate in the Restructuring team at Addleshaw Goddard, having joined the firm in June 2022. Since qualifying, Nazmul has advised a broad range of stakeholders, including financial institutions, private equity, insolvency practitioners, non-profit organisations and companies in distressed situations on both contentious and non-contentious mandates.
Nazmul's recent experience has been focused on non-contentious restructuring matters, having advised insolvency practitioners on a number of SME pre-packaged administrations sales from negotiation stage, through to completion and appointment as well advising office-holders generally post appointment.
- Acting for a short term letting agent in respect of a proposed restructuring plan, being one of the early adopters in the mid-market of the recently introduced restructuring tool.
- Advising the trustees of an international charity on their respective duties where the charity had a number of contingent liabilities and faced the prospect of insolvency.
- Advising the board of a well-known bespoke fireplace and stove supplier on their duties where the company had entered into the zone of insolvency and producing a steps paper on how customer deposits are to be dealt with going forward.
- Acting for an estate agency with a property development arm in a section 110 demerger.
- Acting for the liquidators of an aviation parts company in respect of a claim made by an airliner for a trust over the insolvent estate's assets relying on the Quistclose trust principles.
- University of Portsmouth – LLB Law (2015)
- University of Law – LPC (2016)
- Bengali - fluent