Anita is a skilled employment solicitor, experienced in contentious and non-contentious issues including TUPE, redundancy, unfair dismissal, whistleblowing, contract and discrimination. Anita is a successful employment litigator and regularly represents clients in the Employment Tribunal and also provides specialist employment law training to HR professionals, senior managers and legal practitioners.
Anita has acted for a range of sectors including industrial manufacturing, retail, medical and transport. Anita has a pragmatic, solution focused approach to employment issues and builds strong working relationships with all her clients.
Examples of Anita's accomplishments include:
- Provided employment advice to one of the UK's biggest fashion retailors on the takeover of two online fashion brands.
- Provided employment diligence and advice on the floatation of an IPO.
- Represented clients in the Employment Tribunal for claims including unfair dismissal, redundancy, discrimination, whistleblowing, contract interpretation and employment status. Anita has also provided support and representation at judicial mediation.
- Negotiated and successfully settled a number of complex employment disputes, obtaining favourable outcomes for her clients.
- Directly met and consulted with 40 employees regarding a TUPE transfer between two major engineering contractors.
- Provided in house employment law training to an international bank.
- Provided support with collective consultation in the manufacturing, engineering and retail sector. Including the provision of employee representative training.
- Is a member of the CSR Charity Committee and has participated in a number of fund raising activities with the firm.
- Has written about current employment discrimination issues, which were published by the Glasgow Herald.
- Professional Memberships
- Employment Lawyers Association UK (ELA)
- Law Society of Scotland