Jenny is an Associate within the Commercial Services division, based in our Edinburgh office. She has experience advising on a variety of data protection, IP/IT and commercial contract matters for clients in a variety of sectors.
Jenny has worked on a number of GDPR compliance projects and has experience in the drafting of internal policies, and negotiation of data processing contracts with third parties. She has also worked on the compilation of data processing registers and advised on international transfers of personal data.
- Advising an international industrials company with their GDPR compliance project, including the drafting of data protection policies, creation of a data processing register and putting in place mechanisms for the transfer of data to a US parent company
- Providing dedicated legal support to the data privacy team at a FTSE 100 energy company, including review of internal guidance notes, international data transfers and general business queries
- Advising a large automobile manufacturer on their binding corporate rules application, including reviewing comments from European supervisory authorities and liaising with the ICO in responding to these queries
- Negotiating a services agreement for the provision of commercialisation services in a Northern Irish shopping centre owned by a large investment company
- Advising a software company on their online software licencing terms and conditions of use for the online provision of their product
- Professional memberships
Law Society of Scotland
- Year qualified
- Scots Law (LLB Hons), University of Edinburgh
- Diploma in Professional Legal Practice (PGDip), University of Edinburgh