Dr Katie Marquet-Horwood is an associate in the London office of Addleshaw Goddard and a member of the firm's Litigation Division. She specialises in complex and high value commercial dispute resolution and has experience of litigation before the English High Court, international arbitration and multi-jurisdictional regulatory investigations.
Recent and noteworthy cases include:
- acting in LCIA arbitration proceedings between two leading satellite operators in relation to claims for breach of contract and misrepresentation arising from the critical malfunction of a communications satellite
- acting for AstraZeneca in its successful High Court litigation with IBM arising out of the termination of a US$1.5bn IT infrastructure project
- acting for Rabobank in relation to regulatory investigations into the setting of the LIBOR and EURIBOR benchmarks
- advising a leading international investment fund in various sets of proceedings arising out of a major cross-border fraud
- acting in litigation between two of the world’s leading technology companies arising out of a contract relating to a £5bn project for a UK government department
- representing insurers in two large LCIA arbitrations concerning the Indonesian coal sector.
- Year qualified: 2010
- University of Oxford – BA Hons (First Class), English Language and Literature
- Nottingham Trent University – Graduate LLB (First Class)