Ilona trained with HBJ Gateley and qualified into the Dispute Resolution department in 2013. Ilona is an Associate and is qualified to practice in England and Wales.
Ilona has experience in litigating in the Sheriff Court, including Commercial actions, and provides advice to clients on a wide variety of issues including contractual disputes, housing law and telecommunications.
Ilona also provides support to the firm's Asset Recovery team in relation to issues such as jurisdiction, enforcement, the application of interest and charges, protection measures and advice on strategy.
Ilona is qualified to practise in England and Wales.
Ilona's recent experience includes:
- Acting for a FTSE 100 company in respect of multiple proceedings for both the protection and provision of infrastructure.
- Advising a national telecommunications company in respect of their involvement in a £6 million claim for breach of contract.
- Advising a national utilities supplier on recoveries and compliance issues during a period of significant legislative change with business critical deadlines.
- Acting for social landlords in recovery of possession proceedings and, in particular, advising on key strategic operational changes following a significant Court judgement in the sector.
- Acting for Insolvency Practitioners in both company and personal insolvencies.
- University of Strathclyde – LLB Graduate Entrant Accelerated (2009)
- Glasgow Graduate School of Law – Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (2010)
- Kaplan Law School – Qualified Lawyer Transfer Scheme, English Law (2016)
- Year qualified – 2013