Frank is an Associate in the Leeds Employment Team. He joined Addleshaw Goddard on qualification in 2018 having trained at a well-respected Leeds based firm.
Frank's particular specialism is Employment Tribunal litigation. He has acted for both Claimants and Respondents during his career. He is a Solicitor Advocate and can provide an all in one service to clients handling complex tribunal litigation from beginning to end.
Since moving to AG, Frank has also been part of a high volume litigation team for a major, heavily unionised client with 180,000 employees. As such, he regularly advises on a wide variety of claims across different sectors covering all of the UK.
Frank has considerable experience advising on contentious and non-contentious matters. Notable experience includes:
- representing clients and conducting advocacy on their behalf in Employment Tribunal proceedings. Frank regularly appears in the Employment Tribunal and has represented major national and international clients including ASDA Stores Limited, Blackberry UK Limited, Howarth Timber Group Limited and Primark Stores Limited;
- acting on, overseeing and managing commercially sensitive Employment Tribunal claims for various clients often advising on multi-limb discrimination and whistleblowing claims. Of particular note, Frank has successfully defended and achieved favourable outcomes in over 50 sets of Employment Tribunal proceedings in less than two years for a leading national retailer resulting significant savings for that business;
- drafting full suites of employment documents including employment contracts, directors' and senior executives' service agreements, restrictive covenants, policies and handbooks for various clients including Arup Group and KCOM Group;
- advising on settlement negotiations, drafting settlement agreements and negotiating favourable outcomes for various clients including Arup Group and Howarth Timber Group Limited; and
- providing advisory services on day to day management of difficult workplace situations including business restructuring exercises for various clients.
- Holiday Pay: Part-year workers should not receive pro-rated holiday pay – 18 October 2019
- Harassment: Potentially Harassing Comment Not Harassment When Considered Against Background Context – 6 November 2018
- Discrimination: lying about the real reason for dismissal is enough to shift the burden of proof in a discrimination case – 25 February 2019
- Slovenian - fluent
- Professional Memberships
- Employment Lawyers Association