Fatima has been a foreign qualified advocate based in the Addleshaw Goddard's Disputes team, London, since January 2019. She has a broad range of constitutional and commercial litigation experience. She has acted for and advised private companies, state-owned entities, a sitting judge of the Lahore High Court and the Government of Punjab. At Addleshaw's she is focused on commercial and investments disputes and is involved in pro-bono work initiatives. She primarily focuses on representing a sovereign state in an on-going ad-hoc UNCITRAL arbitration, along with private investor and commercial disputes related to a multinational oil and gas company. As a result of her arbitration expertise and her prior position as research assistant for the publication, "The Iran-UAE Gulf Disputes", she also has extensive knowledge of public international law.
Fatima is currently undertaking the QLTS examinations to become qualified and admitted to the roll in England & Wales. She holds a Master's Degree in International Disputes Resolutions from King's College London and LLB (Hons) from University of London.
Fatima's recent experience includes:
- Acted for the respondent sovereign state in a confidential arbitration brought under a multilateral investment treaty and UNCITRAL Rules relating to gas tariffs applicable to a steel production facility.
- Assisted on an ICC arbitration defending a global oil & gas company in a contractual dispute, relating to breach of contract and failure to pay.
- Advised a South Asian investor in relation to the commencement of an investment claim against an African State for breach of a concession agreement and parallel settlement negotiations.
- The Young International Arbitration Group (of the LCIA)
- The Young Arbitrators Forum (of the ICC)
- Mentee and Member, Young ICCA (of the International Council for Commercial Arbitration)
- Young Arbitrators Group (of the Centre for International Investment and Commercial Arbitration)
- King's College London, LLM in International Dispute Resolution (2018)
- University of London, LLB (Hons) (2013)
- Urdu (native)