Euan has a diversity of experience in banking and finance matters. He has experience of acting for both lenders and borrowers on a range of secured lending transactions, corporate and property acquisitions, refinancing and project finance. Euan also has experience of acting for lenders in relation to security reviews, acting for parties to securitisation transactions and preparing legal opinions on a range of matters.
Euan recently completed a secondment with a major UK lender in support of their Mortgage Credit Directive implementation project.
- Acted for three major UK clearing banks in connection with parallel bilateral facilities providing £60m of revolving credit facilities to a leading Scottish plc.
- Acted for the funder in connection with £87m financing of schools and healthcare facilities in South East Scotland under the Scottish Government's hub initiative.
- Acted for a major UK developer in connection with £26m financing in connection with the development of student accommodation in Glasgow.
- Acted for a borrower in connection with financing for a corporate acquisition and related hive-up of commercial property in Edinburgh, alongside debt acquisition by a shareholder of the borrower.
- Acted for the funders in respect of providing £7.5m in financing toward the development of the MeyGen commercial tidal energy plant in the Pentland Firth.
- Professional memberships
- Law Society of Scotland
- Year qualified - 2014
- Dip LP, University of Edinburgh (2012)
- LLB (Ord), University of Edinburgh (2011)
- MA (Hons), History, University of Aberdeen (2006)