Emmanuelle Mercier focuses her practice on labour and employment law, and data protection.
She advises clients with day-to-day HR issues. Her practice includes assisting companies with employment agreements, dismissals and mutually agreed termination procedures, employee representation, working time and employee litigation.
She assists clients on company reorganizations and redundancy plans, as well as on the employment aspects of corporate transactions (due diligence; information and consultation with works councils; etc.).
Emmanuelle Mercier also advises on data protection and compliance issues. She assists clients with getting compliant with the GDPR and French data protection legislation (drafting of privacy notices, privacy policies, data register, data processing agreements). She assists with data breach notifications and advises on the data protection aspects of commercial agreements and M&A transactions. Her practice also includes assisting clients with the implementation of their whistleblowing scheme.
- Advised clients on the employment aspects of setting up a business in France and drafted employment agreements
- Advised clients on collective redundancies (less than 10 and more than 10 employees)
- Revised the entire working time scheme of an IT company (including work on Sundays; night-time work; on-call scheme)
- Assisted clients on internal investigations regarding moral and sexual harassment allegations
- Advised clients on the labour and employment aspects of acquisitions and carve-out operations
- Assisted clients with implementing GDPR compliance programmes and notifying data breaches
- French (native)
- English (fluent)