Eleanor is an Infrastructure Projects and Energy associate based in our Dubai office, with experience of large scale multi-disciplinary energy, transport, agriculture and infrastructure transactions, with a particular focus on Africa. Eleanor has advised project sponsors, lenders, equity investors and public bodies on the acquisition, development and financing of power, renewable energy, mining, and oil & gas projects in Botswana, Chad, Kenya, Ghana, Mozambique, Mauritius, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, Somalia, Sudan, The Gambia and Zambia. Eleanor trained in the UK and has been living in the Middle East for 3 years.
- Advising Sharqiyah Desalination CoSur on a private wire PPA to power their desalination plant in Oman.
- Advising the Government of Armenia and EBRD on the design and implementation of a competitive procurement process for a 150MW in solar PV projects on multiple sites clustered as one project in Armenia.
- Advising the Sponsors of a 250 MW gas-fired power plant in Mozambique. Instruction includes review of legislative framework, procurement laws, and the import of gas, as well as acting as legal counsel throughout the development of the project.
- Advising the Government of Somalia / African Legal Support Facility in upstream oil and gas matters in Somalia which includes reviewing the existing licensing agreements, drafting new model licence, developing a bidding and licensing round and evaluating proposals submitted by bidders. This culminated in the successful negotiation and offer of a licence to BP.
- The Government of The Gambia / African Legal Support Facility in a review of the Petroleum Act and other legislative instruments with a review to align policy and legislation within the petroleum sector.
- The sponsors of a 300m USD cement plant in Tanzania on the structuring of the project and all project agreements (including shareholder agreements, mining and supply agreements).
- The Government of Somalia / African Legal Support Facility advising the Government negotiation team of the Government of Somalia and the Ministry of Petroleum on negotiations related to production sharing agreements opposite Exxon Mobil and Shell.
- The Government of Uganda - carrying out a benchmarking review of mining legislation across Zambia, Ghana, Sierra Leone, and Botswana and provision of a final report recommending revisions to the Ugandan mining law and policy.
- The Sponsors of a 105 MW gas-fired power plant in Zambia. Instruction includes the renegotiation of certain provisions of the PPA, and financing agreements, following continuous default by ZESCO.
- The Gambia National Petroleum Corporation (GNPC) in relation to its acquisition of a 10% participating interests in oil and gas blocks and the subsequent negotiations with BP (the operator) of a joint development agreement (JOA) for one of the blocks.
- The Ministry of Petroleum and Energy in The Gambia in relation to the renegotiation of an existing petroleum license with two major IOCs following changes in the fiscal regime in The Gambia.
- A US Defence Contractor in relation to its corporate structuring and local employment compliance issues in multiple African countries, including Djibouti, Chad and Kenya, which included assisting with due diligence and liaising with local counsel on the same.
- Professional Qualifications
Solicitor (England and Wales), qualified 2018