Eleanor is an Infrastructure Projects and Energy associate based in our Dubai office, with experience of large scale multi-disciplinary energy, transport and infrastructure transactions. Eleanor has advised project sponsors, lenders, equity investors and public bodies on the acquisition, development and financing of power, renewable energy, and oil & gas projects across Africa and the Middle East. She trained in London and has been living in the Middle East for two years.
- Advising, together with a team of technical, financial and local consultants, the Government of Armenia and EBRD on the design and implementation of a competitive procurement process for a 150MW in solar PV projects on multiple sites clustered as one project in Armenia.
- The Sponsors of a 250 MW gas-fired power plant in Mozambique. Instruction includes review of legislative framework, procurement laws, and the import of gas, as well as acting as legal counsel throughout the development of the project.
- The sponsors of a 300m USD cement plant in Tanzania on the structuring of the project and all project agreements (including shareholder agreements, mining and supply agreements).
- The Government of Somalia / African Legal Support Facility advising the Government negotiation team of the Government of Somalia and the Ministry of Petroleum on negotiations related to production sharing agreements opposite Exxon Mobil and Shell.
- The Government of Uganda – carrying out a benchmarking review of mining legislation across Zambia, Ghana, Sierra Leone, and Botswana and provision of a final report recommending revisions to the Ugandan mining law and policy.
- The Government of Mauritius / African Legal Support Facility in drafting and negotiating a biomass power purchase agreement for bagasse fired power station.
- The Sponsors of a 1.5 billion USD ammonia/urea fertilizer plant in Tanzania. Instruction included preparing applications for Strategic Investor Status with the Tanzanian Investment Authority, drafting corporate documents, land use agreements, and maintenance contracts.
- The Sponsors of a 105 MW gas-fired power plant in Zambia. Instruction includes the renegotiation of certain provisions of the PPA, and financing agreements, following continuous default by ZESCO.
- The Gambia National Petroleum Corporation (GNPC) in relation to its acquisition of a 10% participating interests in oil and gas blocks and the subsequent negotiations with BP (the operator) of a joint development agreement (JOA) for one of the blocks.
- The Ministry of Petroleum and Energy in The Gambia in relation to the renegotiation of an existing petroleum license with two major IOCs following changes in the fiscal regime in The Gambia.
- The Government of The Gambia / African Legal Support Facility in upstream oil and gas matters in The Gambia, which included reviewing the existing licensing agreements, drafting new model licence, developing a bidding and licensing round and evaluating proposals submitted by bidders. This culminated in the successful negotiation and offer of a licence to BP.
- The Government of Sudan / African Legal Support Facility in upstream oil and gas matters, which included reviewing the existing legislation, making recommendations to bring regime in line with international standards.
- Ministry of Housing and Welfare, Kuwait, PPP – advice in respect of the tendering of a significant retail development to the private sector, including drafting a due diligence report on the permissible legal structures under local law .
- Ministry of Infrastructure Development, U.A.E, PPP - advice in respect of the tendering of U.A.E wide street lighting project to the private sector through PPP, including drafting a due diligence report on the permissible legal structures under local law; drafting bidding documents and the Public Private Partnership Agreement.
- US based investor in respect of a 100 MW Solar Power Project in Tanzania, which included drafting the PPA and advising on structuring of the transaction.
- Government of Mozambique, Electricidad de Mozambique in respect of the 400 MW Temane gas-fired IPP Mozambique. Instruction included drafting Joint Development Agreement and other corporate documents.
- Project Sponsor advising project sponsor in respect of a 93 MW gas fired power station in Ghana. Work included advising on corporate structuring, relationship between stakeholders, financing and project agreements.
- Africa Finance Corporation – acting as borrower’s counsel in respect of US$300 million facility from China Exim Bank.
- U.S Fund client on all legal aspects of an acquisition of the majority stake in an existing flourmill based in Tanzania. The objective of the client was to establish a joint venture with the seller and invest in an integrated flour and pasta manufacturing facility. Instruction included drafting supply and distribution contracts; assisting with due diligence; drafting joint venture agreement.
- ICBC Leasing on multiple aircraft lease financing transactions and the restructuring of its aircraft portfolio, involving secured facilities and secured finance/operating lease arrangements across various jurisdictions, including Ireland, Malta, Switzerland, Delaware and Utah.
- LLM in Legal Practice, College of Law, London, United Kingdom (2015)
- Legal Practice Course, College of Law, London, United Kingdom (2015)
- Graduate Diploma in Law, BPP University London, London, United Kingdom (2014)
- BSc Environmental Geoscience, University of Bristol, Bristol, United Kingdom (2013)
- Professional Qualifications
Solicitor (England and Wales), qualified 2018