Dawn is a Managing Associate in the transactional real estate team in Manchester.
Dawn has experience in a wide range of areas of non-contentious real estate. She has particular experience in landlord and tenant work, acting for both institutional landlords and retail, office and leisure sector tenants in negotiating agreements for lease and leases. Dawn also deals with these clients' associated portfolio management work, for example dealing with lease renewals and surrenders. She has experience assisting on acquisitions of multi-tenanted properties by investor landlords and supporting the corporate team on the property aspects of company acquisitions, often involving leasehold portfolios. Dawn acts for developers and investors on acquisitions and disposals of freehold land, often involving tight timescales. She assists on strategic land transactions for planning promotion companies.
Examples of Dawn's work includes:
- acting for a large cinema operator on both their new leasehold acquisitions and the re-gears of their existing leasehold property portfolio;
- acting for a national high street bank in respect of their protected lease renewals and ancillary portfolio management work;
- working on a cross-team project to sell a portfolio of properties for a national garden centre client, under significant time pressures;
- advising on a vast range of commercial property matters within the rail sector, including stations and depots specific matters, landlord and tenant matters, land purchases/sales and defending development consent orders and compulsory purchase orders; and
- acting for developer clients assisting with the promotion and disposal process of sites targeted for both residential and commercial development.