David advises a range of clients on competition law, merger control and EU state aid matters. He has particular expertise in the retail and financial services sectors.
Prior to joining AG in August 2019. David was the lead competition lawyer for the Co-operative Group Limited, advising on joint buying and wholesale arrangements, franchising, mergers and acquisitions, distribution, competition law compliance and market investigations.
David's experience includes advising:
- Local Authorities in relation to the state aid eligibility of district heating systems.
- Various clients on competition law compliance (policies, training and processes to monitor and ensure compliance).
- Property developers in relation to the state aid risks associated with public funding of sites including science parks and supermarkets and pro-actively working to mitigate these risks.
- A Local Authority in relation to the redevelopment and construction of rail infrastructure projects and the state aid aspects of running a transport network during the Covid-19 crisis.
- The industry leading company in a market investigation.
- On various joint ventures and agreements with competitors (joint buying and wholesale arrangements, shared distribution network, SPVs and franchising).
- Advising a major funeral director on the implications of Covid-19 and options for state aid packages to support the industry.