David acts in a variety of property matter dealing with the acquisition, asset management and sale of retail, office and mixed use developments.
He also acts for clients in the nursing and residential care home and student housing sectors including the acquisition and financing of new development sites. Including advising one residential care home client on the acquisition of multiple Scottish care home development sites and newly completed care homes, along with the acquisition of various existing operational care homes.
David acts for most major Banks in the real estate finance sector, along with other alternative funders, with a particular focus on hotels/holiday parks and nursing and residential care homes.
Advised funders, both institutional and alternative, in real estate finance deals over recent years, including:
- Advised funders in relation to the development of an Edinburgh city centre hotel with an end value of £15 million and loan of £7 million, and refinance of a Glasgow city centre hotel with an £8 million loan
- Advised major UK bank in the relation real estate aspects of the acquisition of 2 hotels by well-known Scottish hotel operator
- Advised major UK bank on real estate issues in relation to the refinance of chain of UK garden centres
- Advised on the refinance of a major Aberdeen property company for major UK bank – 9 properties, £8.5 million value and £3.5 million loan.
- Professional memberships
- The Law Society of Scotland