David acts in a variety of property matter dealing with the acquisition, asset management and sale of retail, office and mixed use developments.
He also acts for clients in the nursing and residential care home and student housing sectors including the acquisition and financing of new development sites.
David acts for most major Banks in the real estate finance sector, including Barclays, Lloyds Banking Group, Royal Bank of Scotland, Santander, HSBC and Svenska Handelsbanken along with other alternative funders, with a particular focus on hotels/holiday parks and nursing and residential care homes.
David has advised funders, both institutional and alternative, in real estate finance deals over recent years.
- Advised funders in relation to the development of an Edinburgh city centre hotel with an end value of £15 million and loan of £7 million, and refinance of a Glasgow city centre hotel with an £8 million loan.
- Advised Santander in the relation real estate aspects of the acquisition by Crieff Hydro Hotels of 2 hotels in Ballachulish.
- Advising HSBC on real estate issues in relation to the refinances of Powerleague Group and Klondyke Holdings.
- Advised on the refinance of a major Aberdeen property company for Lloyds Bank plc – 9 properties, £8.5 million value and £3.5 million loan.
- Professional memberships
- The Law Society of Scotland
- University of Edinburgh, LL.B. (Hons) (2000-2004)
- University of Edinburgh, Diploma in Legal Practice (2005)
- Year qualified - 2007