Annabel Mackay advises on all aspects of employment law, with a particular focus on contentious work. She regularly advises employers on high value Employment Tribunal discrimination and whistleblowing complaints and the enforcement of restrictive covenants in the High Court.
Annabel has particular expertise in cross-border employment issues affecting the financial services sector, having spent 18 months on secondment in the legal teams of two leading investment banks.
In addition to employment work, Annabel advises service providers on compliance with their obligations under equalities legislation, again, with a particular focus on the financial services sector.
Annabel has written for a range of employment law publications including Croners, ELA Briefing, PLC, Personnel Today, New Law Journal and Compliance Monitor. She writes regularly for Thomson Reuters' Compliance Complete on a variety of employment topics, with a specific focus on financial services.
- Professional memberships
- University of Cambridge, 1994-1997, BA (Hons), History, 2.1
- College of Law Guildford, 1997-1999, GDL (Commendation), LPC (Distinction)
- A-Level Spanish and French
- "She is incredibly hard-working and diligent, and she goes way beyond the call of duty." Chambers and Partners (2017)
- "Annabel Mackay is praised by sources for her technical understanding of employment law, as well as for her commercial approach to issues." Chambers and Partners (2016)
- "knowledgeable and pleasant" Legal 500 (2016)
- "Clients highlight her 'extremely valuable' contributions to their businesses." Chambers and Partners (2016)