Yolanda is an associate in the Hong Kong dispute resolution team.
Yolanda has been involved in a number of major pieces of commercial litigation involving court proceedings, arbitration, and has experience across a range of specialist areas including breach of contract, commercial crime and fraud, joint venture and shareholder disputes, breach of directors' duties and fiduciary duties, and defamation claims.
Yolanda is developing a specialist knowledge in employment law and has worked on a wide variety of contentious and non-contentious employment cases, including advising on senior executive appointments and strategic exits, breach of confidence and restrictive covenants, labour disputes, work place discrimination and harassment claims, data privacy and diversity issues, and day-to-day employment law matters.
Yolanda is qualified in Hong Kong and Australia.
- Litigation and dispute resolution
- Yung Kee Holdings: acting for the majority shareholder in a substantial (HK$2 billion) restaurant business in relation to a dispute between the shareholders.
- Acting for a high net-worth individual and companies owned by him in High Court proceedings concerning a number of multi-billion dollar claims for damages for conversion, conspiracy, negligent / fraudulent mis-statement and for breach of trust.
- TCT Mobile: in relation to a substantial claim by Nokia relating to a patent royalty agreement and the production of mobile devices.
- Keywise (Private Equity Client): advising a substantial private equity fund in relation to a claim against the controlling shareholder to buy back shares at a price in excess of US$30 million.
- Acting for a Hong Kong listed company in a High Court proceedings concerning disputes in an on-going residential project development in Beijing. Issues in dispute include existence of oral agreement, agency, construction management and involves PRC law.
- Contentious and non-contentious employment matters
- Advising leading international accounting, financial services and law firms on partner and team hires and departures.
- Advising corporate clients on workplace discrimination complaints lodged with the Equal Opportunities Commission in Hong Kong.
- Advising corporate clients on diversity issues, employment visas and visa renewals.
- Reviewing employment contract templates and internal people policies for corporate clients.
- Year qualified: 2016 (Hong Kong), 2012 (Australian Capital Territory)
- Chinese University of Hong Kong - Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (2014)
- Australian National University - Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (2012)
- Australian National University - LLB, Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting & Finance) (2011)